Program: 3 Year Old Kinder
What to expect
During each session the children are encouraged to participate in outdoor and indoor activities, music/story time and snack time. We usually begin the session together on the mat sharing books with staff, parents on duty and kindergarten friends.
Parents are welcome to participate in the sessions and we encourage you to do kindergarten duty at least twice per term.
2020 Program Timetable
Please note, as of 2021 Canterbury & District Pre-School will be running a single timetable of Mondays & Thursdays 8:30am-3:00pm. Contact us for more info.
$800 /term 10.5 hours
|8.30am – 3.00pm||8.30am – 12.30pm*|
$610 /term 8 hours
Note, as of 2021 Yellow Group hours will no longer be offered.
|8.30am -12.30pm||8.30am – 12.30pm*|
$195/term for 2.5 hours
Note, as of 2021 Extended hours will no longer be optional, and Green Group will run 8:30am- 3pm Monday & Thursday
|12:30pm – 3:00pm|
Canterbury and District Pre-school’s enrolments are managed through the Boroondara Kindergarten Central Enrolments Scheme (BKCES). Full details of the enrolment process including timelines and the application form can be found on the City of Boroondara website, or click the link below which takes you to page to download the Information kit and application form.
Non-refundable enrolment security deposit Term 1 fees.
Maintenance levy: $100 – refunded at the end of the year upon attendance at two rostered maintenance duty sessions.
*In 2020 extended hours are offered on Thursday from 12.30pm- 3.00pm ($195 for 2.5hrs).
- Form a foundation for positive self esteem
- Develop responsibility, respect and thoughtfulness for their environment and others
- Foster confident play skills and friendships
- Become confident in asserting their needs and feelings appropriately
- Learn peaceful strategies in approaching and managing conflicts
learn to manage self-help tasks
- Become confident in separating from parents
- Learn new routines
- Enjoy expressing ideas through music, art, drama and movement
- Engage in activities that stimulate curiosity and encourage problem solving
- Foster effective listening skills
- Expand on language skills through diverse and rich language experiences, including developing a love for books and the world of children’s literature
- Actively explore new materials and have fun in a safe and nurturing environment
In addition to our learning program, the teachers organise fun and exciting activities for the children. These are just some of the fun things that have been undertaken in the last year or two.
Hands On Learning
Daily nutrition excursion
Wild Action Rockpool
Visit from local librarians
Mothers’ Day morning tea
Fathers’ Day event
St Patrick’s Day celebration
2021 Program Cost (per term)
- Monday 8.30am – 3:00 pm
- Thursday 8.30am – 3:00 pm