Program: 3 Year Old Kinder
What to expect
For many children, this is their first group experience (and first time separating from parents), so three-year-old kindergarten is a wonderful chance for the children to grow and learn about themselves and their peers.
During each session the children are encouraged to participate in outdoor and indoor activities, music/story time and snack time. We usually begin the session together on the mat sharing books with staff, parents on duty and kindergarten friends.
Parents are welcome to participate in the sessions and we encourage you to do kindergarten duty at least twice per term.
No option to repeat
Please note that from 2022 onwards, there will be no option for children to repeat 3 year-old kindergarten.
2022 Program Timetable
$990 /term 13 hours
|8.30am – 3.00pm||8.30am – 3:00pm|
Canterbury and District Pre-school’s enrolments are managed through the Boroondara Kindergarten Central Enrolments Scheme (BKCES). Full details of the enrolment process including timelines and the application form can be found on the City of Boroondara website.
Enrolment enquiries should be directed to the BKCES on 9278 4444 or email email@example.com
You may apply online: https://www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/community-support/boroondara-families/kindergarten
Non-refundable enrolment security deposit Term 1 fees.
Maintenance levy: $100 – refunded at the end of the year upon attendance at two rostered maintenance duty sessions.
- Form a foundation for positive self esteem
- Develop responsibility, respect and thoughtfulness for their environment and others
- Foster confident play skills and friendships
- Become confident in asserting their needs and feelings appropriately
- Learn peaceful strategies in approaching and managing conflicts
learn to manage self-help tasks
- Become confident in separating from parents
- Learn new routines
- Enjoy expressing ideas through music, art, drama and movement
- Engage in activities that stimulate curiosity and encourage problem solving
- Foster effective listening skills
- Expand on language skills through diverse and rich language experiences, including developing a love for books and the world of children’s literature
- Actively explore new materials and have fun in a safe and nurturing environment
In addition to our learning program, the teachers organise fun and exciting activities for the children. These are just some of the fun things that have been undertaken in the last year or two.
Hands On Learning
Daily nutrition excursion
Wild Action Rockpool
Visit from local librarians
Grandparents’/ Special friend day
Mothers’ Day morning tea
Fathers’ Day event
St Patrick’s Day celebration
2022 Program Cost (per term)
- Monday 8.30am – 3:00 pm
- Thursday 8.30am – 3:00 pm